JOHN PATRICK OROHO, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer of Porzio Life Sciences, LLC, meets regularly with companies to identify sales and marketing issues and to propose solutions that streamline their practices in meeting compliance requirements of all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Mr. Oroho is also a principal of the law firm, Porzio, Bromberg & Newman P.C., and practices in the Life Sciences Compliance and Regulatory Counseling Department. He concentrates his law practice in regulatory compliance with respect to the Prescription Drug Marketing Act (PDMA), Antikickback statute, False Claim Act, and Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse.
Mr. Oroho previously served as Senior Vice President and General Counsel for the PDMA Alliance; a national trade association focused on sample distribution and pharmaceutical marketing and sales compliance.
Mr. Oroho has an extensive pharmaceutical regulatory and compliance background. He spent three years as General Counsel for the company now known as QPharma, Inc.
Mr. Oroho received a J.D. from the University of Notre Dame School of Law in 1985 and a B.S. from the United States Merchant Marine Academy, where he graduated with honors in 1978.
Aggregate Spend & Transparency
Practitioner Prescribing & Sampling
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
"Mini Summit 8: Global Update on HCP Transparency Reporting/Aggregate Spend," Speaker, 15th International Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Ethics & Compliance Congress, Virtual , May 17, 2022
Compliance Top 10 – Clear and Concise Overview of the Top Areas of Concern for the Compliance Professional,” Speaker, Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, McLean, VA, April 25, 2022.
- “Panel Discussion: Ask the Experts – What Keeps You Up at Night?” The latest in Drug Pricing Transparency Requirements, Panelist, Drug Pricing Transparency Congress, Philadelphia, March 28, 2022.
- “Explore Prosecutor Perspectives on the High-Risk Activities of Speaker Programs,” Moderator, Virtual Speaker Programs Summit, February 16, 2022.
- “Open Forum for Benchmarking, Q&A and Best Practice Sharing,” Transparency & Aggregate Spend Conference, Philadelphia, PA December 7, 2021.
- "Back to the Future of Medical Meetings," Webinar, MPI MedUP Town Hall, November 17, 2021.
- "Changing Dynamics of State Price Transparency and Reporting Requirements," Moderator, Virtual 22nd Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Ethics and Compliance Congress, November 3, 2021.
- "Internal Adoption of Innovation by Law Firms," Baretz & Brunelle NewLaw Practice Report, Webinar, October 28, 2021.
- "Operationalizing Compliance Guidance - Key Learnings for DOJ Updates, OIG Fraud Alert and Open Payments Enforcement Action," Speaker, Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, Philadelphia, PA, September 28, 2021.
- "Navigating State, Federal & International Transparency Disclosure Requirements," Seton Hall U.S. Healthcare Compliance Certificate Program, Speaker, Virtual, June 14, 2021.
- International Pharma Congress Mini Summit 21: Global Price Transparent Reporting - June 15, 2021
- "Implementing Safe, Compliant and Successful Direct-to-Patient (DTPt) Sampling Programs, Pharmaceutical Commerce, Sponsored by J. Knipper and Company, On-Demand Webcast, May 26, 2021.
- "Enforcement and Industry Panel Discussion," Virtual 14th Annual Forum on Transparency, Aggregate Spend and HCP Engagement, Moderator, December 9, 2020.
- Changing Dynamics of State Price Transparency and Reporting Requirements," Virtual 21st Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Ethics and Compliance Congress, Mini Summit XIV, Moderator, November 5, 2020.
- "Navigating State, Federal & International Transparency Disclosure Requirements," Seton Hall U.S. Healthcare Compliance Certificate Program, Speaker, Virtual, October 12, 2020.
- Racing Toward a Vaccine, Update on the efforts by New Jersey's life sciences business community to develop a vaccine for COVID-19, Morris County Chamber of Commerce and Morris County Economic Development Corporation (MCEDC), Speaker, Virtual, September 29, 2020.
- A Look at How In-House Legal & Compliance Departments are Evolving in 2020 to Help Address Business Challenges, 17th Annual Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress 2020, Panel Moderator, Virtual/Online, August 13, 2020.
- Meeting Professionals International Life Sciences Webinar, Coronavirus Dialogue Series: Medical Meetings Post COVID-19, Speaker, Virtual/Online, June 17, 2020.
- The Evolution of Compliant HCP Engagements and Transparency: Your Guide to the Past, Present, and Future, PCC Webcast Series - Pharmaceutical Compliance Digital Week, May 21, 2020.
- Market Transformation Series, Life Sciences Meetings Webinar, How Vulnerable are Medical Meetings both in the Short Term and Long Term? Speaker, Event Leadership Institute, Virtual/Online, May 18, 2020.
- "Compliance for the Beginner and Expert – What You Need to Know and What You Wish You Had Known," Expert Q&A, Interview with Alessandra Hawthorne, Head Corporate Department, Ethics and Compliance, Global Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Boehringer Ingelheim, 6th Annual Global Compliance Congress, London, UK, November 14, 2019.
- Navigating State, Federal & International Transparency Disclosure Requirements, Bausch Health, Bridgewater, NJ, October 30, 2019.
- Navigating State, Federal & International Transparency Disclosure Requirements, U.S. Healthcare Compliance Certificate Program, Seton Hall Law, Newark, NJ, October 14, 2019.
- State Drug Pricing Transparency Level-Set – Reporting and Requirements Landscape, 5th Edition Drug Pricing Transparency, Philadelphia, PA, September 19, 2019.
- Address the Recent Trends in State-By-State/City-By-City Reporting and How to Keep on the Pulse of Change, Panel Discussion, Moderator, The 13th Annual Forum on Transparency and Aggregate Spend, Washington, DC, August 13, 2019.
- Summit Host Welcome and Anti-Trust Guideline Reminders, 16th Annual Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, Washington, DC, April 17, 2019.
- Address Gift Bans and Analyze State-By-State Transparency and Aggregate Spend Regulations, CBI's 12th Annual Transparency & Aggregate Spend Forum, Washington, DC, August 21, 2018.
- Track Chair's Opening Remarks, Transparency and Aggregate Spend Section, CBI's 15th Annual Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, Washington, DC, April 25, 2018.
- Summit Host Welcome and Anti-Trust Guideline Reminders, CBI's 15th Annual Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, Washington, DC, April 24, 2018.
- U.S. Enforcement Landscape, Medical Device Regulation and MedTech Europe Code of Ethics Business Practices Summit, London, UK, April 10, 2018.
- HCP Engagement Restrictions, Maritz Healthcare Advisory Council Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, February 27, 2018.
- Mini Summit XVI: Compliance Considerations for Small and Mid-Sized Pharma and Medical Device Companies, 18th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress, Washington, DC, November 7, 2017.
- Understanding Federal and State Reporting Laws from All Corners, Seton Hall Law School's U.S. Healthcare Compliance Certification Program, Newark, NJ, October 11, 2017.
RECENT Media Mentions