MICHAEL O'CONNOR is Vice President of Compliance Technology for Porzio Life Sciences, LLC. In this role, Michael advises life sciences companies on the strategic use of data analytics and technology to drive compliance with governing laws, codes, and industry standards and also leads the development of the Porzio Life Sciences technology solution offerings.
Prior to joining PorzioLS, Mr. O'Connor held executive leadership positions as the global head of compliance and ethics operations at Alexion and as an executive director, global head, IT business consulting at Boehringer Ingelheim. Most recently, Mr. O'Connor was a Principal/Owner at 3rd Wave Compliance, a technology focused consulting company geared toward life sciences companies.
Mr. O'Connor holds a Masters in Management Information Systems from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – Lally School of Management and Technology in Troy, NY, and holds a BA in Computer Science from Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT.
Aggregate Spend & Transparency
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- PLS Webinar Series: “The Department of Justice is Watching: Building a Data-Driven Compliance Program,” January 12, 19, 26 & February 2, 2021.
- “Deep-Dive on Data Analytics from 2019 vs.. 2020 Reporting,” Virtual 14th Annual Forum on Transparency, Aggregate Spend and HCP Engagement, December 9, 2020.
- "Impact of New DOJ Guidance on Risk Management Initiatives and Compliance Monitoring Programs,” Virtual 14th Annual Forum on Transparency, Aggregate Spend and HCP Engagement, HCP Interactions Track, December 7, 2020.
- Transparency and Aggregate Spend – Expansion of the Sunshine Act and HCP Risk Management," 6th Annual Compliance Congress for Specialty Products, Speaker, Virtual - All Digital Format, On Demand Session, September 21-24, 2020.
- "Address the Impact of FCPA on HCP Engagements," 17th Annual Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress 2020, Speaker, Virtual/Online, August 13, 2020.
- "The Evolution of Compliant HCP Engagements and Transparency: Your Guide to the Past, Present, and Future," PCC Webcast Series - Pharmaceutical Compliance Digital Week, May 21, 2020.
- "Deep-Dive into Murky Waters of Speaker Programs, Nurse Educators and Patient Ambassador Programs," Moderator, Panel Discussion, CBI's 8th Annual Compliance Monitoring, Audit and Risk Oversight Conference, Philadelphia, PA, February 12, 2020.
- "Mini Summit XVIII: Transparency and HCP Engagement," Twentieth Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress, Washington, DC, November 7, 2019.
- "Address the Impact of FCPA on HCP Engagements," Managing HCP Interactions Conference, Philadelphia, PA, October 16, 2019.
- "Address the Recent Trends In State-By-State/City-By-City Reporting and How to Keep on the Pulse of Change," 13th Annual Forum on Transparency & Aggregate Spend, Washington, DC, August 13, 2019.